Re: netcdf install questions

Hi Michael,

> I have two fundamental questions.  I am installing on a SGI Solid Impact
> with IP28.  This is not in the INSTALL list of configurations.  So:
> 1)  When you say set environmental variables do you mean from the command
> line using the setenv command or is it in one of the .in files?  The
> document isnt clear on this or I dont know much about unix...probably the
> latter.

The former.  The syntax for this differs depending on what shell you are
using, so the INSTALL document is vague about how to do it.  With sh,
ksh, or bash, you can set an environment variable (say CC) like this:

  export CC=c89

whereas with csh you use the syntax

  setenv CC c89

> 2)  Will the IP26 configuration work for this machine.  I think it will but
> wanted to know the answer to 1. before I could try it.

I think so, but we don't have one here to test with.

--Russ