(Fwd) Re: 970624: Ask for help on nf_test with win32_install--jchiang

--- Forwarded mail from Jing-Hsien Chiang <address@hidden>

Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 12:40:41 +0900
From: Jing-Hsien Chiang <address@hidden>
To: "Glenn P. Davis" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 970624: Ask for help on nf_test with win32_install--jchiang

[ Attachment (text/plain): 1226 bytes
  Character set: iso-2022-jp
  plain text ]

---End of forwarded mail from Jing-Hsien Chiang <address@hidden>
Glenn P. Davis wrote:
> (omitted old messages here)
> Obviously we have more problems here than I thought.
>
> > Is it the time dump "MS Power Station Fortran" off use
> > the newer "Digital Fortran(version 5.0)" instead?
>
> Well, since I don't have the older compilers, I'm not
> going to be able to help you out much with this problem.
> It is tricky getting all the preprocessor directives correct
> for a give combination of Fortran and C compilation enviroments.
> On the unix systems, the 'configure' script can set things
> up pretty automatically. On Win32, VMS, and the like we
> pretty much do it by hand.
>
> If you do get the newer fortran compiler, you might
> need the newer C compiler as well.
>
> -glenn

Hi Glenn,

Understood the circumstances, I'll try it for a while till I
can access the new compiler. Thanks for reminding me Digital
Visual Fortran should work with Visual C++ 5.0. I have already
VC++5.0 in hands, and I'm now waiting for DVF5.0.
Again, thank you for your help.

J.H.
--
Dr. Chiang, Jing-Hsien