970616: MS-DOS support for netCDF

Cyril,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I hope that I am not bothering you too much, but I am getting very close to
> successfully porting this software over to the DOS, Windows 16 bit
> environment.
>
> Re: my last communication with the size_t problem.  I redefined size_t in
> your ncconfig.h file:
>
> typdef unsigned long size_t
>
> so that now the number of bytes matches your X_SIZEOF_SIZE_T variable.

Hmm...  Defining the "size_t" datatype should be done with careful
consideration.  It must be the same type as the argument of the malloc()
library call, which I believe on your system is "unsigned int" rather
than "unsigned long".  Is this true?

>  Everything now compiles without any errors, and I have actually created a
> valid library for netCDF 3.3.
>
> There is one puzzling warning though...
>
> In line 9488 of putget.c, the return function:
>
>       putNCvx_long_int
>
> is undefined.  I couldn't find it anywhere in the source code.
>
> I was wondering if this was an error, and you actually meant that line
> to be:
>
>       return putNCvx_int_long
>
> which I noticed was defined in putget.c (line 1182).

I believe you are right.  The first and second "types" in the function
name should refer to the external and internal types, respectively.
Try changing the above function call to

        return putNCvx_long_int

and see if things work.

[Glenn -- is the above correct?]