Re: who has experience with netCDF 3.3 on cray t3e ?

> From: address@hidden (Olaf Heudecker)
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: who has experience with netCDF 3.3 on cray t3e ?

Hi Olaf,

> I am having trouble installing netCDF 3.3 on our Cray t3e.

> My problem ist that nf_test fails the tests with the data type
> real. Commenting out all of the "real tests" makes nf_test complete
> its run without an error. Otherwise there are NaN-FPEs that stop the
> execution.
>
> ASSUMPTION:
> The problem I have appears to be related to the fact that the
> C-Compiler (c89 Version not known) and the Fortran-Compiler
> (Cray CF90 Version 2.0.3.0) do have different realisations of the
> float/real data type (in C: 32bit, f90: 64bit).
>
> (Unicos/mk 1.3.171 , Cray CF90 Version 2.0.3.0 05/27/97 10:09:39,
> c89-version ?)
>
> QUESTION:
> Is there a simple way to make those subroutines work?
>
> Please send answers or hints to me:
> address@hidden

There is a web page about netCDF on the T3E at NERSC:

    http://www.nersc.gov/software/netcdf/netcdf.html

but I don't know if this was built from the netCDF 3.3 release.

The problems we describe with building on the T3D and T3E in the INSTALL
file that comes with netCDF 3.3 indicate that we haven't succeeded in
porting to this platform yet.  We are trying to get help from someone at
NCAR who knows more about the T3E architecture to help us out with this.

--Russ