970522: Netcdf3.3 build trouble

Dear Eek Hyun Cho,

In the above message, you wrote:

> > I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.  Did you not try to
> > execute the "make" command?  Did you try, but it failed for some reason
> > (if so, what was the reason).  Would you please explain what you mean in
> > more detail.

> After configure process, I typed 'make all' and hit enter key, but
> don't excuted.  (Error massage in shell prompt is 'make command not
> found')

Ah!  It appears that the problem has nothing to do with the netCDF
3.3 distribution, but rather that the directory that contains the
make(1) utility is not in your PATH environment variable.  On my
SunOS 5.5 system, the make(1) utility is contained in the directory
"/usr/ccs/bin"; therefore, I have that directory in my PATH environment
variable.  For example:

    $ echo $PATH
    /opt/SUNWspro/bin:/opt/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/bin

See your shell's manual page or a local UNIX expert for more information
on the PATH environment variable.

I suggest that you add the relevant directory to your PATH environment
variable and try the "make" again.

> I think conftest.c file is failed for configure process.
> (after line 2539 in config.log)

The file "config.log" contains error messages from the configure script
and the utilities that it invokes during its examination of your system.
This examination is expected to generate errors.  The error you refer to
can safely be ignored.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>