Re: netCDF-3 now available

> Sender: address@hidden
> From: Alain Coat <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: netCDF-3 now available

Hi Alain,

> We've found a bug in ncdump for data field over 1000 values.
> I think that it could be corrected in the file vardata.c in the ncdump
> directory by replacing all the : left > toget by left > 0.
>
> Here is the difference of the original and modified file :
>
> 814c814
> <               pr_tvals(vp, toget, fmt, left > 0, lastrow,
> ---
> >               pr_tvals(vp, toget, fmt, left > toget, lastrow,
> 821c821
> <               pr_bvals(vp, toget, fmt, left > 0, lastrow,
> ---
> >               pr_bvals(vp, toget, fmt, left > toget, lastrow,
> 828c828
> <               pr_svals(vp, toget, fmt, left > 0, lastrow,
> ---
> >               pr_svals(vp, toget, fmt, left > toget, lastrow,
> 835c835
> <               pr_ivals(vp, toget, fmt, left > 0, lastrow,
> ---
> >               pr_ivals(vp, toget, fmt, left > toget, lastrow,
> 842c842
> <               pr_fvals(vp, toget, fmt, left > 0, lastrow,
> ---
> >               pr_fvals(vp, toget, fmt, left > toget, lastrow,
> 849c849
> <               pr_dvals(vp, toget, fmt, left > 0, lastrow,
> ---
> >               pr_dvals(vp, toget, fmt, left > toget, lastrow,

Thanks for reporting this bug!

Your fix seems to work, but I developed a slightly different fix that may
be easier for us to maintain, which I've appended.  I've also added
the problem and fix to our "Known problems with the netCDF 3.3 release"
page at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/known_problems.html

It's not much reward, but I've also added your name to our THANKS file,
at

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/THANKS

--Russ

------------------ patch to ncdump/vardata.c -------------
diff -r1.4 -r1.5
813d812