Re: 2D coord variables

John,

> I agree that existing applications that assume 1D coordinate variables
> will break, as evidenced by Steve Hankin's post about Ferret (hey - how
> come his post isnt in the digest?). I agree that this is a Bad Thing.

Steve Hankin posted a reply to netcdfgroup, and then an immediate
followup apologizing for posting to the whole group.  When I saw this, I
manually deleted the posting and the followup from the digest queue,
assuming that posters would rather not see postings in the digest that
were inadvertently posted to netcdfgroup.

I'd be happy to put it back in tonight's digest, if Steve agrees.  I
probably should have asked before deleting it from the digest,
anticipating that a reply to it would be out of context for digest
readers.

--Russ