Re: MFHDF - netcdf-3 api address@hidden

On May 15,  4:20pm, Russ Rew wrote:
> Subject: Arlindo da Silva: Re: netCDF-3 now available
> Glenn,
>
> Could you please handle this one and CC: me on the answer?  Thanks.

Arlindo writes, Re: netCDF-3 now available

>    I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but perhaps there
> NCSA folks in this mailing list.
>
>    Are there any plans for the HDF interface (MFHDF) to adopt this new
> NetCDF 3 API?

Arlindo:

As I may have mentioned to you before, I did a "demo" netcdf-3 which could
read HDF files (Emphasis: Read Only)
We (Unidata) currently have no plans to develop this further.

The general idea was to delay any reconnect with HDF
until we move towards a common file format.

-glenn