Re: netCDF-3 now available

> From: "R. Bauer" <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: netCDF-3 now available

H Reimar,

> Do you know if IDL 5.0 will come whith netCDF Version 3.

IDL 5.0 is already shipping, and uses netCDF 2.4.1, according to
the features list at

    http://www.rsinc.com/idl/detail.html

I expect eventually they will switch to use netCDF 3.x for its
performance advantages.

> Will I have problems with IDL and netCDF 2.4 reading  netCDF Version 3
> files?

No, the file format has not changed, so all files written with version 3
can be read with version 2 and vice versa.

--Russ