970210: Acquring NetCDF software

Stephen,

In the above message you wrote:

> problem occurs with Nmake.
>
> I have undertaken the following steps.
>
> 2) FTPed the data across using ASCII mode
> 3) Replaced MSVC20 with MSDEV in the msoft32.mak files
> 4) Copied over the local_nc.gen to local_nc.h in libsrc and
>     msofftab.h to ncgentab.h  &  msoftty.c to ncgenyy.c in ncgen
> 5) Noted there is no make for util directory.
> 6) Run, successfully, the msoft32 make in the xdr directory
> 7) Run msoft32 in libsrc but it fails on the xdrposix.c compilation
>    because the precompiler seems not to be executing properly  - the necessary
>    WINNT lines of code are not being included for some reason. When
>    you put them in specifically the compilation no longer fails.
>    Yet the /D macro specification for WINNT is present on the command line
>    as are, so I think, the other directives to make a successful compilation.
>
>    As I don't want to hand edit all the relevant files, could you tell
>    what you think is going wrong?

Regretably, we don't know what is going wrong.  More regretably, we
don't have any expertise in Windows NT.

I suggest that you try Toshinobu Hondo's port of the netCDF package to
Windows NT.  You might also try corresponding with him.  The relevant
URL is

    ftp://ftp.jasco.co.jp/pub/NetCDF/Win32DLL/

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>