970210: Key not found???

Dear Bob,

In the above message you wrote:

> My name is Bob Warner and I am a member of a team (of 3) working with
> satellite sensor data for coastal oceanography applications.
>
> We received some data that is in HDF.
>
> I have down loaded the HDF libraries from NCSA (version4r2), which
> included your netCDF in ...hdf4_0r2/mfhdf/xdr.  We have DEC alpha
> workstations running OpenVMS and I have compiled libdf.a, libjpeg.a
> and libz.a.
>
> The last library that I need to compile is the libmfhdf.a which
> that comes with HDF4.0r2 rather unsavory, however I down loaded
> your vms_beta/netcdf-2_4_4.src.xdr and the world is looking much
> better.

Be advised that our netCDF implementation can't be used to read NCSA HDF
files: our implementation only reads Unidata netCDF files.  Only NCSA's
netCDF implementation can can read both Unidata netCDF files and NCSA
HDF files.

> Yep, you guessed it, EXCEPT that XDRTEST.C wants a
> ucs$rpcxdr.h file rather badly.  Of course, since we have OpenVMS,
> we don't use the TCP/IP UCX but rather Wollongong, so I tried that
> [...netdist.include.rpc]XDR.H -> NOPE, so I tried to use the XDR.H
> within the 2_4_4 directory ->nope, tried to comment out the include ->
> running Digital UNIX /usr/include/rpc/xdr.h -> nope

Because we don't have access to an OpenVMS system with the Wollongong
TCP/IP package installed, I'm afraid you're going to be on your own when
it comes to modifying the makevms.com scripts.

You might try posting your problem to the netCDF mailing-list.  Someone
out there might have built the netCDF package on a system like yours.

> I have included the listings for 1. using the Digital UNIX and the
> run that was made 2. using the xdr.h that came within the 2_4_4 .src
> library all for your viewing pleasure, if you like that sort of thing.

> The messages from both runs state that a "KEY NOT FOUND", is that a
> license key or a header of some sort?

I have no idea.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>