Re: 970127: Fail to compile nctest

>To: address@hidden
>From: Mahally Kudsy <address@hidden>
>Subject: Fail to compile nctest

Hi Mahally,

> I try to compile netcdf, but not successful yet.
> My workstation is Sparc5. The message out was:
>
> cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
> -DNO_STRERROR varget.c
> cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
> -DNO_STRERROR vargetg.c
> cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
> -DNO_STRERROR varput.c
> cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
> -DNO_STRERROR varputg.c
> cc -c -O -I../libsrc   -DNO_HAVE_PROTOTYPES -Dconst= -DNO_STDARG
> -DNO_STRERROR vardef.c
> "vardef.c", line 30: FLT_EPSILON undefined
> "vardef.c", line 61: DBL_EPSILON undefined

It appears as if you are using the old /usr/ucb/cc C compiler, which
does not compile ANSI C.  You can use "which cc" to see where your C
compiler is being executed from.

If you can use an ANSI C compiler by changing your PATH environment
variable or CC environment variable to point to the Sun C compiler or
another ANSI C compiler, the compilation should work after a "make
clean".

Otherwise, you may be able to workaround this problem by including the
following definitions before line 30 of nctest/vardef.c

#define FLT_EPSILON     1.192092896E-07F
#define DBL_EPSILON     2.2204460492503131E-16

Then "make clean" and "make all" to see if that gets you further.