Re: netcdf-3.3a dll for Windows NT and 95

From: Russ Rew <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: netcdf-3.3a dll for Windows NT and 95
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 15:39:56 -0700

> Thanks for letting us know about this.  If you don't mind, I'll put a
> pointer to this in our "What's New" page at

Please do it.

> > By the way, I'm tring to make Java interface of netcdf as a native
> > method, and first trials on Sun and WinNT seems working with 3.3a.
>
> Great.  I'm working on a 100% pure Java package for netCDF data, but it
> will initially be read-only, and will undoubtedly be somewhat slower
> than using native methods.

I thought to be made pure Java package for netCDF because loadlibrary
method is restricted on applet.  Anyway, trial version of javacdf is
available on ftp://ftp.jasco.co.jp/pub/NetCDF/javacdf.tar.gz or
javacdf/* in the same directory.  This is a first trail, and my
purpose is handling andi/chromatography file therfore some functions
are not implimented.  If you can try my trial package, please return
back your comment.

Regards,
T. Hondo
--------
Toshinobu HONDO Ph.D
JASCO Corporation, Hachioji Tokyo 192 JAPAN