Re: netcdf-3.3a dll for Windows NT and 95

> To: address@hidden
> Cc: address@hidden
> Subject: netcdf-3.3a dll for Windows NT and 95
> From: Toshinobu Hondo <address@hidden>

Hi T. Hondo,

> Yesterday, I'v successfully builded the Win32 DLL from netcdf-3.3a
> distribution, and placed into our server as follows:
>
> ftp://ftp.jasco.co.jp/pub/NetCDF/Win32DLL/netcdf-3.3a-win32dll.tar.gz
>
> It was very easy to build the dll compared with previous version.  I'v
> builded the dll without any souce code change, so compatibility with
> Microsoft environment is excellent.
>
> I just made a file msvc42.mak and a ncconfig.h for MSVC++4.2.
> The macro _CRTIMP is little bit confusing in my compile environment,
> therefor, I modified few lines.

Thanks for letting us know about this.  If you don't mind, I'll put a
pointer to this in our "What's New" page at

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html

> I'v one question, the function nc_inq_libvers() returing version 3.1a
> is it correct ?.

No, it's a bug, it should return version 3.3a.  Thanks for reporting
this.

> By the way, I'm tring to make Java interface of netcdf as a native
> method, and first trials on Sun and WinNT seems working with 3.3a.

Great.  I'm working on a 100% pure Java package for netCDF data, but it
will initially be read-only, and will undoubtedly be somewhat slower
than using native methods.

--Russ