Re: 961120: netCDF WWW page

>To: address@hidden
>From: Tim Weilkiens <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF WWW page

Hi Tim,

> the main netCDF WWW page is very difficult to read cause
> the background color is to dark. On a non-color monitor
> it is impossible to read, cause the background is black.
>
> Just a little comment.

Yours is the first such report we've had, though I suspect many people
who would encounter the difficulty would not bother to report it to us.
Thanks for taking the time to coment.

The background image is a cloudy sky which is mostly white with a few
very light blue patches, available as

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/icons/clouds2.jpg

It is actually very light, so the page is legible when a browser is set
to show background images (the default on most browsers, as far as I
know).

However, if you override the default and turn off background images but
don't also override background colors (an unusual combination, I'm
told), you just see the background color.  This is the dark color you
were seeing.

Thanks to your report, I've replaced the background color with white.
Please let me know if you still see the problem.