Re: netCDF and complex numbers

> Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 11:19:14 -0800
> From: address@hidden (P.J.Flatau)
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: netCDF and complex numbers

Piotr,

> thanks for the help with "complex". I have hacked it like this
>

>        complex cxrfr
>
>        id2 ...
>        idncom ...
>
>        iddim(1)=id2
>        iddim(2)=idncomp
>        idcxrfr=ncvdef(idnc,'cxrfr',ncfloat,2,iddim, ierr)
>

>        istart(1)=1
>        istart(2)=1
>        icount(1)=2
>        icount(2)=ncomp
>        call ncvpt(idnc, idcxrfr, istart, icount, cxrfr, ierr)

Yes, that will work fine.  I made a mistake in my NCVGT() call,
forgetting the one dimensional array of complex numbers had been defined
as a two-dimensional array of reals, so I should have used length 2
vectors for the start and count arguments, as you have done.

--Russ

P.S.  I've forwarded your general recommendations for improving the
Fortran interface to Steve Emmerson, who is now working on an all-new
Fortran interface for netCDF-3.