Re: A preliminary matlab interface for FAN

> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 08:33:07 -0400
> From: "Philip W. Miller" <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: A preliminary matlab interface for FAN

Hi Phil,

> > This seems quite useful, from your description.  If you would be willing
> > to package the utilities up as a single software distribution, I'd be
> > happy to make the package available in the netcdf contrib library.
>
> I tried emailing you with the distribution, but I had some problems.
> Then I tried uploading it to ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/incoming, but I
> did not have permission.  My current employer does not have a publicly
> accessible ftp site, so I used my former employer's---they should not
> mind.  I have put my matlab/fan interface on
> ftp://aplcomm.jhuapl.edu/pub/tmp.ftp/fanmat.taz.  The file will unpack
> into fan-2.02/src/matlab.
>
> I put my notes on it in the README file.  If the code is not too buggy,
> we may want to get Harvey to include it in his FAN distribution.  I
> thought I would wait until I got some feedback first.

OK, I've retrieved the file via FTP, made sure it unpacks OK, included
an entry for it in our contrib catalog at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/contrib.html

and included a link to this catalog in the MATLAB entry of our document
on netCDF-related software at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html#MATLAB

Finally, I added mention of fanmat to our "What's New with NetCDF?"
document at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html

Please let me know if any of these need rewording.  And thanks again for
the contribution.

--Russ