Re: netCDF on T3D?

Hi,

> Jim Rosinski in CGD asked if we had netCDF on our T3D. Had you heard
> anything about the port (and whether it's going to be put up here)?

Steve Luzmoor of CRI (sits, or at least used to sit, at NERSC) developed
the first version of a "par_io" library for parallel I/O and made the
modifications to the netCDF source to make it work on a T3D.

The current version, 2.4.3, contains the mods for the T3D that we got
from Steve Luzmoor.  These reference functions from the Cray par_io
library prototype that we can't distribute with netCDF, so you may have
to obtain the current version of that library from Cray.  While we were
integrating these changes, it seemed that the par_io interfaces were
changing as well and more changes were planned, so it's possible that
the current netCDF release may need some tweaking to work with the
current par_io release.  If there are problems building the current
release for T3D with the par_io library that CRI can't solve, we would
want to know about them.

--Russ