Re: 960913: netcdf alpha release

>To: address@hidden
>From: Karsten Bolding <address@hidden>
>Subject: netcdf alpha release

Hi Karsten,

> I just grabbed the alpha release of the netcdf package.
>
> I did
>
> ./configure  OK
>
> make         OK
>
> make test    Error
> It complains that add.o in the  netcdf-3.1a/src/nctest was of zero
> length.
>
> Then I tried manually to make add.o - same result - then I tried using
> gcc instead of cc, and I got a non zero length object file.
>
> uname -a give
> IRIX sealion 5.3 11091812 IP22 mips

I was unable to duplicate the problem here, where for our IRIX 5.3
platform

    $ uname -a
    IRIX dana 5.3 11091811 IP20 mips

Everything ran fine, including "make test".

After you untar and uncompress the alpha release, the result of ls on
the source file add.c should be something like

    $ ls -l nctest/add.c
    -rw-rw-r--    1 russ     usystem     5658 Aug 19 16:10 nctest/add.c

Is it possible you ran out of disk space during "make test", so that
there was no space left to store the compiled "add.o" file?