960417: trouble compiling netCDF

Marinna,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Marinna Martini <address@hidden>
> Subject: trouble compiling netCDF
>
> Hello,
> I have run into this exact same problem... see the message below
> extracted from your e-mail database.  I could not find out from your
> web site what the solution was.
>
> I am using the latest DOS release of netCDF (downloaded the netcdf.zip
> file) and compiling with Microsoft's C++ compiler 8.0
> It looks like an improper typedef...

An improper typedef should cause the compiler to emit a message.  Do you
have such a message?

> Was this cleared up?

As far as I know, no.  We only have one MS/DOS system here and its
development environment is based on the DJGPP system (GNU C ported to
MS/DOS).  It's therefore difficult for us to investigate problems on
MS/DOS.

Be that as it may, I think that the xdrposix.c module should be used
rather than the xdrstdio.c module.  It is under DJDPP.

> Also, has anyone yet comiled the perl extensions for DOS?  I am about
> to try and could use some pointers/warnings/advice.

Not that I'm aware of.  I'm willing to serve as a resource, though I
don't know how much help I'll be.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>