Re: European mirror site needed

>               German Aerospace Research Establishment (DLR)

Hi Hartmut,

> we are willing to become a european mirror site for the netcdf Software and
> related tools.
>
> Actually we have just started a new project of storing satellite based
> global atmospheric data into our data bases for public access by our
> Interactive Satellite Data System ISIS and also by ftp.
>
> The data shall be stored internally in the netcdf format and it should also
> be possible to extract these data sets in some other formats (e.g. SFDU,
> ASCII).
>
> As we are storing the data in netcdf we had already the intension to mirror
> the netcdf and other scientific data format software. We have the software
> already at our site.
>
> Our system is connected to the internet by 2 Mbps and our server will become
> redundand by a double server system. This system has not yet installed but
> will be ready for use in about 2 months.
>
> In the meantime we could use our existing system which has the address:
>
>       ftp.dfd.dlr.de
>
> We will place the netcdf-package at: /pub/ucar/netCDF
>
> This may already happen this afternoon (european time).
>
> There will also the ncopers, netcdf-perl, and udunits package (and some
> other).
>
> We are mirroring also the TOMS and TOVS global ozone data on a daily basis.
> The TOMS Version 7 data will be available within a week at this server.

Thank you!  I've accessed your FTP site, and it looks like you have
everything already set up and working.

We'll accept your generous offer, and reference your FTP site as an
alternate source of the netCDF software for European users.

It sounds like you may already have scripts set up to detect new files
at our FTP site and copy them to your site.  If not, let me know what e-mail
address you would like to have us use to send notification of new files.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu