951114: official release date of netCDF 2.4?

James,

> Subject: official release date of netCDF 2.4?
> To:       address@hidden
> From: James DeWitt <address@hidden>
>
> Hello,
>
> Is there a planned, official release date for
> netCDF 2.4?
>
> Thank you,
> James DeWitt
> address@hidden

There's no planned, official release date for netCDF 2.4.  The beta
version that's out there seems to be working OK (at least we haven't
heard of very many problems).  The best I can tell you is to watch
the netCDF mailing-list for announcements.

Considering the tests and checks that a `make test' puts the netCDF
library through, I'd have no hesitation in using the beta version.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>