951114: netcdf-2.4-beta2 installation on cray

Christi,

In the above message you wrote:

> I've been trying to install the netcdf-2.4-beta2 version on our
> cray computer running unicos 8.0.4.
> I changed the CUSTOMIZE file to
> #
> # C compiler (default is `cc'):
> CC=cc
> #
> # C compiler flags (default is `-O'):
> CFLAGS=-g
> #
> # C preprocessor flags (default is empty):
> CPPFLAGS=-DDEBUG
> #
> # C++ compiler (default is system-dependent).  Define as the empty
> # string to avoid building the C++ interface.
> CXX=""
> #
> # Installation prefix (default is `..'):
> # prefix=/usr/local/unidata
>
> I executed the configure and them
> % make all > log
> cc-515 cc: ERROR File = xdrposix.c, Line = 315
>   Both sides of the assignment operator are not compatible.
>
> TOTAL ERRORS DETECTED IN xdrposix.c: 1
>
> Stop.
>
> Has this occurred before?

Not that I'm aware of.

> The log file contains the following:
>
> making `all' in directory /scr/u1/caforsy/netCDF/netcdf-2.4-beta2/src/port

Would you please send me the output from running the configure script.
To get a fresh output, you'll have to remove the configuration cache
file prior to running the configure script, e.g.

    rm config.cache
    ./configure >configure.log 2>&1

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>