Re: 950710: sample netcdf program

Hi Bryan,

> We have just begun exploring using netcdf, mainly to share data across VMS
> and various UNIX platforms. I have written a sample file of maps
> Z(nlon,nlat,ntime), which I can read back in ok on any machine.
>
> However, from the documentation I could read in hyperslabs of
> Z1(nlon,nlat) sucessively so I don't have to occupy so much memory. When I
> try this using ncvgt or ncvgtv I get run errors or data which is clear
> misarranged.

This should work fine.  Perhaps you are misinterpreting the use of the START
or COUNT arguments to NCVGT.  I'm not sure what NCVGTV refers to, since
there is no subprogram in the netCDF Fortran library with that name.  We
would need to see a small example program that appears to fail in order for
us to be able to diagnose the problem or verify that there is a bug.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu