950710: NC_NOFILL crash problem on solaris

Charlie,

In the above message you wrote:

> perhaps i am using the setfill() function incorrectly but the
> problem seems to be present in the netcdfperl package under
> solaris as well.
> the enclosed netcdfperl program is a good demonstration,
> if i comment out the setfill lines it works fine, but if
> i leave them in it crashes when NetCDF::endef() is called:

I'm afraid I can't duplicate the problem you're having.  I note,
however, that I don't have the data files that your script appears to
use.

Can you reduce the size of the example script and make it independent of
any input data files?

Also, since the problem appears to involve ncsetfill(), you should see
if the bug documented in the following URL applies:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/known_problems.html#setfill

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>