Re: 950704: netCDF on SGI

Hi Neil,

>         I wonder if you could help me. I just tried to install netcdf on
> our unix system here (an SG) , using all the default settings.
> When I get as far as
> make all
> I receive the message
>
> UX:sh (sh): ERROR: lex: Not found

On our SGI system, running IRIX 5.3, lex is in /bin/lex.  If /bin/lex does
not exist on your system, someone must have removed it or moved it, since it
is supposed to be part of the standard IRIX system.  If /bin/lex exists but
is not found by your "sh", then you should add the /bin directory to your
PATH environment variable, either in your .profile file or whatever you use
to set the PATH list of directories where executables should be found.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu