Re: Simple plots, simple analysis on Solaris?

Keith,

> > I get:
> >
> >     403 Forbidden
> >
> >     Your client does not have permission to get URL
> >     /~crdc/crdtools/README.shtml from this server.
> >
> > so I can't use this link.  Should I change this link to something else, or
> > just omit it?  If you would like me to make any other changes to this, or
> > can suggest someone else I should send this to, please let me know.  Thanks.
>
> I can't duplicate the shtml with Netscape here, so I'll CC this
> message to our webmaster to see if she has any ideas.

It could be a `.htaccess' file in that directory that prevents outside
access.  Another possibility, hinted at by the use of the ".shtml" extension
instead of ".html", is that server-side includes are used in the document
and someone there has decided that documents that use server-side includes
will not be accessible from outside.  In any case, I've just left the link
in our Web page but verified that I still get the error.  Have your
webmaster let me know if you want me to test it again.

> Here's my (slight) modification of your html info on CRDtools:
> <h2><a name="CRDtools">CRDtools</a></h2>
>
> The Climate Research Data Tools (CRDtools) toolkit of X Windows applications
> for providing data extraction, analysis, and visualization functions for the
> climatology researcher is under development by the
> CRDtools is a free package and runs under Sun Solaris v2.3.  A
> netCDF version</a> of CRDtools is currently in beta release.  In addition to
> netCDF, you will need the <a href="http://http.ucar.edu/distserv.html";>NCAR
> graphics</a>, package to use CRDtools.  You can
> </a> and <a href="http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/~crdc/crdtools/install.shtml>install
> either binaries or source</a>.  For additional information about

Thanks.  I've edited this a little more for consistency with the other
entries in

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/utilities.html#CRDtools

and removed the duplicate link to the NCAR graphics document.

If you have additions or changes, just let me know.

--Russ