Re: libraries

Hi Keith,

You've been added to the netcdfgroup mailing list, as you requested.

> I think I have created the necessary source FORTRAN code
> to read a NetCDF file. I have copied the files netcdf.lib and'
> xdr.lib from the pub/netcdf/msdos directory. When I try to
> link these files with the source, the cencdf calls are still
> unreferenced. This is probably because the libraries are
> compiled with microsoft fortran and we are using Lahey
> or Watcom fortran.

Yes, the libraries we provide in pub/netcdf/msdos must be used with
Microsoft compilers.  However, some compiled libraries that work with the
Borland compilers are available in pub/netcdf/contrib/borland/.

> Do you know of a way to get around this and/or can you send me
> the source files for the libraries so that I can create my own
> libraries?

The source files are available in the source distribution, from

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

Also some relevant replies to earlier users queries may be available by
using the keywords "lahey" and "watcom" and the search capabilities of our
WWW netcdf page at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                        P.O. Box 3000
(303)497-8645                                 Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000