Re: NETCDF

>From: Ken Hubbard <address@hidden>

Ken,

>I have heard about a data base and format developed by NCAR.  I think the
>name is NetCDF.

Actually, the netCDF was developed by Unidata.  It was loosely based on
the CDF of NASA, but expanded to provide network transparency, hence the
name netCDF.

>I would like to obtain more information on this product.  Do
>you know if it is documented on-line somewhere where I can download the
>document by FTP?  Please feel free to refer me on to someone else if that is
>more appropriate.  Thanks....Ken Hubbard

All of the netCDF information is already online and freely available from
our FTP server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu (anonymous FTP).  Simply connect to
our server, and then cd to pub/netcdf.  There you will find the current
distribution along with Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and full documentation
(as compressed PostScript (tm) files).  Pay particular attention to
the README file as that will get you going.  This same information is available
by Gopher (at the port listed below).  Goto:

  >> Information about Unidata Software Packages and Projects
   >> Unidata NetCDF (network Common Data Form) Library

Let us know if you have more questions.

Tom Yoksas