Re: better configure script

> Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 18:05:31 +0600
> From: address@hidden (Charles Hemphill)
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: better configure script

Charles,

> A couple of comments about your configure script on Solaris 2.3.
> First, Solaris no longer comes with cc, so it should not be used.
> Worse, cc is there, but not functional:
>
>  handel:~) which cc
>  /usr/ucb/cc
>  handel:~) cc
>  /usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed
>  handel:~)

Thanks for pointing this out.  We didn't notice it because we have the
SunPro SPARCcompiler, invoked as "cc", with our Solaris 2.3 systems.  Also
we have tested with gcc on Solaris 2.3 by setting the CC environment
variable to gcc, but that didn't catch this omission.  We've fixed it for
the next release.

> Second, libc.a no longer includes the xdr functions.  Instead, they
> may be found in libnsl.a.  I assume that it's always better to use
> native libraries if possible.

We've fixed this also.  Thanks for pointing it out.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                        P.O. Box 3000
(303)497-8645                                 Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000