Re: pub/HDF-netCDF

>From: address@hidden (Darrell Kachilla)

Darrell,

>> There is not file or directory "HDF-netCDF" in the pub/ directory
>> on our anonymous ftp server (that is also accessible through the
>> Web server and mosaic). There is a sub directory of pub/ called netcdf
>> that has more files and directories related to netcdf. If this is a
>> link you saw in mosaic, can you let me know on which page it occurred?
>> Thanks.
>
>in one of the archived emails concerning hdf it referred to a
>computer copy of an article comparing netcdf & hdf, with their
>pros & cons.
>
>i am looking for exactly this.
>
>if you have another source, rsvp.

There used to be an article, but it became out of date with upgrades to
HDF, so it was removed. There is a HDF WWW server:

       http://yahoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu:8001

and an FAQ there:

       http://yahoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu:8001/HDF-FAQ.html

which has a specific question (question 6):

       http://yahoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu:8001/HDF-FAQ.html#6

related to netcdf and HDF. Hope this helps.

Mike