Re: ncdinq question

Doug,

> Well, I tried to run make test in our netCDF directory, and here is what I
> got:

> -=<33>=- make test
> Make:  Don't know how to make test.  Stop.
>
> Obviously something is amiss here...
>
> Any suggestions?

Perhaps someone cleaned up the netcdf source directory after installing the
libraries and deleted the Makefile as part of the cleanup (this could happen
if they typed "make realclean" or "make distclean"), or got a new copy of
the source distribution.  Unless the "ftest" executable is still lying
around in the netcdf/fortran/ directory, you will have to rebuild the
Fortran test program.

The Makefiles will get regenerated and the ftest program rebuilt if you
follow the instructions in the netcdf/INSTALL file.  If you are rebuilding
the libraries from scratch, you might as well make sure you have the latest
distribution, netCDF 2.3.2 from host ftp.unidata.ucar.edu, file
pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z.  Also I think the testing we did on the NextOS may
not have used the Absoft Fortran compiler, but I can't remember because
someone else ran that test on their NeXT at home; we don't have access to a
NextOS platform here.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                        P.O. Box 3000
(303)497-8645                                 Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000