[LDM #SRZ-977449]: LDM Child exited with status 1

Hi Ernie,

re:
> On a new LDM install, the systems seems to running fine, in that all
> the data is showing up where is is suppossed to be. the problem is the
> system is generating several hundred of these errors per day. I will
> include the log, config and script files, since I could of messed up
> any of them.

I agree with the comment that Steve Emmerson sent along to you earlier
today:

  It sounds like you have a bad decoder that's terminating with a non-zero
  exit status. You'll have to determine which decoder is doing that and fix it.

I have something to add, however:

I took at the copy of store_MADIS.sh that you sent and have some comments:

1) the first line in the script should be:

#!/bin/sh

   The first line in the script that you sent was blank

2) your script presupposes that the directory in which the data will be
   written already exists.  Since this will not necessarily be the case,
   I recommend adding a 'mkdir' line to the script to make sure that
   it gets created.

The combination of the two items above would result in the store_MADIS.sh
script having the following contents:

#!/bin/sh

#
# Make the output directory
#

mkdir -p $1

#
# Unzip the MADIS product and write the result to the desired disk file.
#

gzip -d > $1/$$.$2; F=`echo $2 | cut -c 1-13`; mv $1/$$.$2 $1/$F.nc

#
# Done
#
exit 0