[LDM #BXH-661016]: NAM conduit data not arriving via chinkapin.cs.indiana.ed u LDM

Felix,

> We have not been receiving NAM conduit data via
> chinkapin.cs.indiana.edu's LDM client since 2/27/09.  It appears that
> LDM is running normally on my end.  Is there anything that I can do, or
> that you kind folks can do, to help our NAM conduit data make it to
> chinkapin?

I assume that a downstream LDM is running on Chinkapin and is not
receiving NAM data from an upstream LDM somewhere.  If this is not
correct, then please let me know.

What is the fully-qualified hostname on which the upstream LDM is
running?

Is there anything untoward in the LDM log file on Chinkapin?  The
log file is, typically, ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log.

Is there anything untoward in the LDM log file on the upstream
host?

What does the following command do when executed by the LDM user
on Chinkapin:

    ldmping -vl- $UPSTREAM_HOST

where $UPSTREAM_HOST is the fully-qualified hostname on which the
upstream LDM is running.

What does the following command do when executed by the LDM user
on Chinkapin:

    notifyme -vl- -h $UPSTREAM_HOST -f CONDUIT -o 3600 -p $NAM_PATTERN

where $UPSTREAM_HOST is the fully-qualified hostname on which the
upstream LDM is running and $NAM_PATTERN is an extended regular
expression for NAM product-identifiers (I'm sorry, but I don't
know the data well enough to know what that pattern should be).

> I have very minimal level of knowledge with using the LDM tool.  But I
> do know that LDM has been started and 'ldmadmin isrunning' reports that
> LDM is running.  (I guess you have to start somewhere.)
>
> Thanks!
> Felix Terkhorn
> LEAD support & development

Regards,