20000501: GEMPAK failure to install on Solaris 8 x86

Robert,

All you should need to do is:

cd $GEMPAKHOME/source/driver/active/vc
make clean
make all

Then go back to $NAWIPS and run the "make install".

The reason you are getting the following message is that
the vc executable does not exist in the directory, so
running install is causing problems. Running make clean
in that directory following by make all should produce the
executable.

Its possible that the original build failed if the disk was temporarily
full, or if the system had cached the "ar" disk write so that
vc.a wasn't available when originally trying to link- or if something
was left in the directory from a previous installation.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support