20000210: new version of garp/gempak

Frank,

You should be able to tell your computer to find the libXm.so library
in the /usr/dt/lib directory on your system by ensuring that
this directory is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable.

A typical LD_LIBRARY_PATH looks like:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/dt/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/opt/SUNWspro/lib

Since you were running Garp previously, I assume you were finding the
libF77.so library somewhere on your system.  It could be that this
new distribution is now using libF77.so.4 whereas the previous
was using an older version libF77.so.3.

You can check your old Garp executable with the "ldd" command
to see where it was finding libF77.so. Typically these will be in the
/opt/SUNWspro/lib directory.

If you just need the newer library, then you can download just that file
out of the ~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/binary/sol*86 directory.

The gempak*5.4libs.gz file is contains the gempak libraries from the
gempak source code. You would only need these if you were writing your
own Gempak applications.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support