20000208: Creating a GEMPAK mapfile

Bob,

There is a $GEMMAPS/cwa.nws map file already.
Garp has this map defined down at the very bottom of
the list of maps just below the RFC areas. You just have to
toggle it on for display.

You can specify map overlays in the GEMPAK programs as well
by specifying the map files in the $mapfil parameter like:

$MAPFIL = cwa.nws+hicnus.gsf+hipowo.cia
map=8/1/1+5/1/1+6/1/2

Is this the map that is requested, or do you mean the individual
zone/counties refered to be the FIPS/UGC code such as
at: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/modernize/shapemap/zones/c11.htm

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support