20000128: gempak

>From: alan anderson <address@hidden>

>Hi
>
>We are planning getting a copy of GEMPAK as another resource
>for our faculty and students.  We have looked at the info
>on your web site regarding platform requirements ... but
>just how do we access the site to download software ?
>

>Also, if there are licensing issues, could you send us the
>needed forms.
>
>Alan

Alan,
The Gempak distribution is accessed through our ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
site with login: gbuddy and password: XXXXXX

The current distribution is found under the nawips-5.4 directory as:
gempak54upc_pl15.tar.gz

Unpack the distribution into a clean directory using the commands:
gunzip -c gempak54upc_pl15.tar.gz | tar xvf -

Steve Chiswell