20000128: Sea Level Reduction

Larry,

Gempak provides the following in the gemlib:
        FUNCTION PR_PMSL  ( pres, tmpc, dwpc, selv )
C************************************************************************
C* PR_PMSL                                                              *
C*                                                                      *
C* This function computes PMSL from PRES, TMPC, DWPC, and SELV.  The    *
C* following equation is used:                                          *
C*                                                                      *
C*    PMSL = PRES * EXP ( ( GRAVTY * SELV ) / ( RDGAS * TVAVE ) )       *
C*                                                                      *
C*         TVAVE = avg virtual temp between station and sea level       *
C*               = TVRK + ( DELTV / 2 )                                 *
C*         DELTV = GAMUSD * SELV / 1000                                 *
C* Wallace and Hobbs.                                                   *

I found the Wallace and Hobbs reference in my copy,
Atmospheric Science: an introductory survey, 1977 eq 2.31. Page 59.

So, if you like Fortran, you can just call that routine.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support