20000104: garp, gemenviron

>From: "Matthew G. Fearon" <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>I have done all the installing of patch12, 14, and imar2gm.f. The
>gempak programs seem to be working fine, however I am having
>trouble with garp. I receive the following error when going into
>garp:
>
>Warning: keylist   is null
>           Cannnot set option menu default button
>
>I was wondering if maybe my settings are incorrect in the Garp_defaults
>file or maybe my Gemenviron file. When you have a chance, could
>you let me know if this error provides any insight to the possible
>problems
>I may be having with Garp.
>
>Thank you,
>Matt Fearon
>address@hidden

Matt,

I had to rename some of the model file names here while I'm working
on NMAP for GEMPAK6.0. As a result, in the Garp_defaults, where previou;y
I have model keys like eta_211, now its eta211 (for files in the $HDS
directory named YYYYMMDDHH_eta211.gem.

At any rate, you probably need to set the modelkeys in Garp_defaults
to match your file naming convention (as well as the garea and proj keys
further down).

The error message you are receiving is probably from the default model
widget selection which is set at:

# Widget defaults
#
# Choose default values for the model, vertical coordinate, levels,
# function, default fdf chapters, cross-section line, time-height
# station, vertical profile axis types, radar ring station, upper
# air levels and upper air filter.
#
model           : eta211

Here the default model in the popup is set to the eta211key, which matches the
eta211
modelkey I mentioned above. When you change the keys to match your convention,
you also will want to change the default model key (and the fdf/scalar and
fdf/vector
subdirectory names).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support