20000104: Garp defaults

>From: Rahe Peter J MSgt AFIT/ENP <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>I applied the latest patches for Garp yesterday (to take care of y2k bugs)
>and noticed several changes and/or problems.  The biggest problem is that
>any changes I make in the $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults files aren't being
>picked up when Garp is run.  For instance, if I change the color scheme for
>lines, the same default settings continue to show up.
>
>I also noticed that when under the HAS button, MSLP (mb) is listed, but
>there is no more MSLP with eta reduction as in the previous release.
>
>Pete Rahe
>Contractor, ICES Ltd
>Weather Lab Unix System Administrator
>Air Force Institute of Technology
>Wright-Patterson AFB OH
>
>* address@hidden
> *  (DSN 785-3636 x4646  COMM (937) 255-3636 x4646
>       Fax:  DSN 785-2921    COMM (937) 255-2921

Pete,

The MSLP with eta reduction is in the $GARPHOME/fdf/scalar/eta211/HAS.
You may have to change the model keys in the Garp_defaults to match your
file naming however. Here, I have 2000010412_eta211.gem,
so my model keys that I sent out in the Garp_defaults have
eta211, and that is the directory that is being looked for in the fdf/scalar
tree.

In the previous distribution, I may have had eta_211 or something, so check
how your $HDS directory files are named and change Garp_defaults accordingly.

If you don't see changes in your Garp_defaults that you make, you might need
to check to see if your GARPHOME environmental variable is pointing
to the correct directory (and not the previous distribution).

Steve Chiswell