Re: 20000103: GARP and y2k

Gary,
you might need to double check that the gemlib.a routines were
correctly built prior to updating garp in that pl14 (here also assuming
that you had been running the pl12 distribution). If you hadn't upgraded
to pl12 first, then you would probably have trouble.

run: ar tv $GEMLIB/gemlib.a tictoi.o
verify that the date on the file is since Dec 30.

Am I correct that you are running under Solaris?
You can try downloading the binary from
~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/binary/solaris/garp/garp_2.1
and verifying that you see the same problems.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support