20000103: GARP and y2k

Gary,

In my previous message, I refered to the file naming
section at the bottom of the $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults file.

In the config file, the gridsT template is set at
the bottom of the file to either:

gridsT    : $(grids)/@(YYYYMMDDHH)_*.gem
or
gridsT    : $(grids)/@(YYMMDDHH)_*.gem

depending on how you name your files locally.
One of them should be commented out. The default
I sent out was to expect 4 digit years in the file names,
eg YYYY.

I have tested the display with grid files using the 2 digit file names
as well as 4 digit names. All of the data within the grid files will be
YYMMDD/HHMM regardless of the file name.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport