19991223: MOTIF for nawips (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Glenn,

>Thanks Tom,
>I don't want to take much of your time, ('cause I've yet to read much on my
>own)- but in several words or less, now that I've downloaded the decoders
>(and have LDM running, (along with a newly installed nawips), just how do I
>get the decoders pointing to my data (is this the congif files, and which
>data sets, to decode?).

For this, it is best to read:

Unidata WWW HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  GEMPAK
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak
    GEMPAK5.4 Information
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/GEMPAK5.4/release_notes.html
      Site Configuration for products
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/GEMPAK5.4/configuration.html
        Decoder Entries for LDM pqact.conf
        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/pqact/decoders.tbl

The last page has the pqact.conf entries needed to run the
GEMPAK/N-AWIPS decoders on data received via the Unidata IDD.  I think
that you will get the idea of how to configure things by reading
through the various annotated entries in the examples.  Also note that
you can transfer the file with the entries by holding down the shift
key while pressing mouse button one over the 'pqact.conf' portion of
"Decoder Entries for LDM pqact.conf".  This is useful since it will
preserve the needed tabs in the file (white space between various items
in pqact.conf _MUST_ be tabs, not spaces.

Tom

>From address@hidden  Tue Dec 28 07:24:37 1999

Tom,
Thanks very much for the info., and guidance.
After several years of goin' to meetings and other paperwork, its nice to
get back into the trenches!  Regards, Glenn