19991223: MOTIF for nawips (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Glenn,

>Is not MOTIF a lisc. product.

On some systems, yes.

>Just where do I go about getting it- either way?

This depends on the operating system you are using.  Depending on
which OS you are using, you may already have it.

>ALso, did I read somewhere that GARP does not require it?
>Thx again,  Glenn

I believe that GARP _does_ require Motif (99.99% sure, in fact).

For more information, I refer you to:

Unidata WWW HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
  GEMPAK
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak
    configurations tested for current GEMPAK release

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/GEMPAK5.4/release_notes.html#PLATFORMS

This page makes specific comments about Motif use on several operating
systems.  I interpret the page to mean that the necessary Motif "stuff"
is available on some systems by default, but not on others.  Chiz's
lack of comment for Linux, however, reflects the fact that he makes
a binary distribution of GEMPAK/GARP available for Linux.  We had to
purchase the Motif library from RedHat so that he could produce this
distribution.

Tom Yoksas