19991207: dcgrib problem under linux

  Send mail to address@hidden for more info.

Pete,

The problem with MAIN__ seems like it is using the fort77
as the linker instead of gcc.

I notice that your get a compiler warning at line 423 of put_gem_grid.f
for the st_inch call, which is obviously different from what
I am currently running. I will attatch my current Linux dcgrib to
this email message which hasn't been stripped.

If the decoder still hangs, issue a "kill -6 pid" to the dcgrib
process ID from another window so that a core will be dumped.
That should allow you to use gdb to find where the decoder
is getting stuck in the loop. The dcgrib I have is statically linked
(eg uses libf2c.a as defined in Makeinc.linux) so it should
be able to trace using gdb.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support