19991207: xw/gf color table

Steve,

There is a way to override the default table using the
environmental variable: GEMCOLTBL
to specify an alternate color table, such as:
setenv GEMCOLTBL coltbl.ramp

(You probably have my $GEMTBL/colors/coltbl.ramp which is
an example of a green through yellow color ramp I used
for some precipitable water plots).

Setting an alternate color table works if you are not running "ntl" on
the X server you are drawing to (eg, if you have xvfb for scripts to
generate their gifs to, then this works great...otherwise, ntl on your
desktop provides the shared colormap and  the program does not even
read the color table).

Alternatively, you can set you script to use gpcolor and define your colors
in you script.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support