19991013: 19991011: ECMWF tiles

Brett,

I'm glad that you are able to use your data now as you had wished.
The dcgrib patch is completely interchangeable with the previous version.
Grid 255 will still use the gds to define the grid, and will
only create the projection defined in the gds- except if
it happens to be the grid 255 from the ECMWF, and the gds
defines a CED projection, and the number of grid points
for the tile is 60x61. If those three conditions exist,
then it will create the global CED grid and use the grids
as tiles, otherwise everything falls through.

The only down side is that at this point, you have no option to
just decode your tiles into 60x61 grids. They will always create
a 240x61 grid, even if you don't have any other tiles. That
doesn't prevent you from using the data, but it is a limitation
that at some point I will have to provide a way for the user to
specify if a larger grid section should be used- or just
the individual tile.

At any rate, if you chose to install the new version in the gempak
source tree, just replace the entire contents of the dcgrib
directory with the new source, and make sure there are no other
object (.o) files in that directory from a previous build
that could have used the old array sizes defined in geminc.inc.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support