19991011: ECMWF tiles

Brett,

I have placed a tar file of dcgrib in the gbuddy ftp account under
nawips-5.4/patches/dcgrib_991011.tar.Z

This version of dcgrib will create a northern hemeisphere CED grid
which can be comprised of 4 tiles. Your tiles C and D will be
written to the appropriate row offsets in the grid.

I have tested the decoder on the 2 gribs you sent me and compared
them against the grid that NAGRIB produces as well.

Since the two UWND grids you sent me were for different times (eg C = f000
and D=f012), I did not have a single image to look at, but the
data decoded into the individual tiles does correctly overlay with the
individual files created by NAGRIB.

Please let me know if this accomplishes what needs to be done.

To install,
download into $NAWIPS and unpack with:
zcat dcgrib_991011.tar.Z | tar xvf -

Then build with:
cd $NAWIPS/unidata/ldmbridge/dcgrib
make clean
make all
make install
make clean

It is very important to run the "make clean" since I have changes the
sizes of data arrays in geminc.inc, so you don't want any old objects around.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

From address@hidden  Tue Oct  5 10:17:31 1999
        by unidata.ucar.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id KAA29325
        for <address@hidden>; Tue, 5 Oct 1999 10:17:31 -0600 (MDT)
        by drizzle.atmos.washington.edu (8.9.1a/8.9.1) with ESMTP id JAA12916
        for <address@hidden>; Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:17:30 -0700 (PDT)