19991011: GEMPAK question

>From: "John H. E. Clark" <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>I have a problem with sending a contour plots generated with GDCROSS or
>GDPLOT to a printer. I first look at the plot on the screen with DEVICE=xw
>and it looks fine. I then rerun the program with DEVICE=ps to generate a
>postscript file. When I try to send the postscript file to our printer, it
>does not print and I get the diagnostic from the printer queue 'encounter
>unexpected bytes'.
>
>Can you help?
>
>Thanks
>
>John

John,

After you have rerun the plot and exited gdplot, have you run "gpend"?

If you don't run gpend, the graphics commands that tell the device that
the plot is finished are not written. This is so that you could go into
other programs and overlay graphics- such as a surface plot with sfmap
before ending the output page.

Without the postscript trailer, the printer would never get the commands that
tell it that the plot is complete, so to go ahead and print it out.

If this is not the problem, please send me a sample of your postscript plot
for me to look at.

Steve Chiswell